Crash Course on the TAC (Transport Accident Commission)

Aug 10, 2018 | Written by Leki | 0 comments

Crash Course on the TAC (Transport Accident Commission)

Hi all,

The Transport Accident Commission is the body that manages and monitors the health and safety of our Victorian roads.

If you are injured on the road by a motorised vehicle (car, truck, bus, bike, train and tram) as a motorist or pedestrian there is assistance available to you to help get you back in full health.

Please visit the TAC website an familiarise yourself with how this process is done at

Most TAC patients I see are quite different in the way they present.

Some of the most horrific injuries I have seen are from car accidents.

They can include broken bones, collapsed lungs, an acquired brain injury and moderate to severe soft tissue damage.

Patients also suffer from whiplash injuries and concussion which have a whole host of signs and symptoms such as neck and back pain, headaches, memory loss, arm pain and tinnitus (ringing ears).

In my view the most important thing to do is to get help.

To assist with your recovery TAC have now waived the excess which means as soon as you receive your TAC claim number you can seek treatment straight away!

Furthermore, you don’t need a GP referral to see your physio once the TAC claim is approved.

So there you have it.

If you have been injured on the road then make sure you follow up with the appropriate paperwork and come and see us at ProPhysio+ to assist with your recovery!

Go well!

– Leki