[Part 1 of 3] “The Activation Series” – Learn How To Lift, Move & Feel Better by Aarvi
This is a 3-Part Series of “Key Activation Exercises” that you should perform to get the best out of the gym.
Couple of weeks ago I went to a 3-day seminar which was hosted by one of the best strength coaches in the world Sebastian Oreb and Andrew Lock @Andrew_Lock_Strength a highly respected strength rehab physiotherapist .
“Learn The Right Technique”
They give some great advice and plenty of free tips that can save some good dollaroos including how important technique and strength is and how essential it can be in rehabilitating everyday people.
Over the 3 days we went over the Squat, Bench and Deadlift and its rehab/prehab plus activation protocols for each that was recommended.
Each day we focused on one lift and the take home message I would give to everyone is to learn the right technique for anything you do.
For weight training you have to earn the right to go up into weight instead of just popping some weights on. This is way more beneficial in the long run!
So here are the easy steps for the Lock Clam:
- Lie on your side with bottom leg fully straight and the top leg is bent with it’s toes at the back of the bottom leg’s heel
- Now roll over till the knee touches the ground. So your hip is pointing to the floor. This is your starting position
- Lift the knee up and slowly lower to starting position, it is not a large range of movement
- As you are lifting the knee up try to keep the hip pointing down, after a few reps you will feel a burn around glute/ back of hip region.
- Repeat this 25 times then swap sides. 2 sets/1-2 per day is plenty
When doing this make sure you are completely rolled over and try to make sure hip does not rock back and forth but rather stays locked by pointing down.
Part 1 of 3 of my Activation Series to help you at the gym or even help you at home, in the office or walking the dog.
These Activation Exercises are highly recommended as a simple warm up before a workout or can be your go to strengthening tool to have a better day!
P.s… We have a simple screening test just for you.
It’s called the Body Assessment Tool (BAT) Test.
You don’t need to be a professional athlete to have one of these done anymore!
Let us show you in person the “Lock Clams” and help fix your aches and pains TODAY so you can continue to enjoy your training!
Click the link below and make a booking today!